At Suburban Community Hospital, we understand that it can be overwhelming
to come to an Emergency Department for care. That is why we have created
our ACE Program.
ACE Program in the Emergency Department, which stands for "Advanced Care for the Elderly,” is a program to benefit our 65 and older patient population that
visits our Emergency Department. This program is designed to provide advanced
care in the form of:
- specially trained physicians and nurses
- additional services (if needed) upon discharge for pharmacy, physical therapy,
nutrition and social work
- private rooms in our Emergency Department that have been designed to create
a relaxing atmosphere
- discount program for our gift shop and cafeteria
- parking spaces near the front entrance to the Emergency Department (limited)
Patients will be assessed by a nurse in the Emergency Department and welcomed
to the program at this time if they meet criteria.