How to Apply
The Family Medicine Residency Program at Suburban Community Hospital participates
in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program for the
residency application process.
Applications are accepted through ERAS only (no paper applications).
- Graduate of medical school in the United States or Canada accredited by the LCME;
- Graduate of accredited osteopathic medical school;
Graduate of medical school outside the United States who meet the following
- Have received a currently valid certificate from the ECFMG
- Six months U.S. clinical experience (can include observerships, externships)
- Medical school graduation within the last five years.
- Successful completion of USMLE Steps 1 & 2, CS & CK - OR - COMLEX
Steps 1 & 2, CE & PE. Minimum score for USMLE Step 1&2 are
220, Minimum score for COMLEX Step 1 & 2 are 410.
ERAS applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and are based
on academic performance, passing COMLEX 1,2, & PE or USMLE Step 1,2,
CS & CK, letters of recommendation and clinical experience. An invitation
for an interview will be extended by e-mail to qualified applicants. Interviews
begin in October and continue through January.
The interview day provides the candidates with the opportunity to meet
with the program director, family medicine residency faculty, and residents
of the program. A tour of Suburban Community Hospital and Suburban Family
Medicine at Norristown are included. The candidates have an interview
with the program director, assistant program director, program coordinator,
and 1-2 interns/residents. Candidates will have lunch with current residents
allowing them to meet and ask questions in an informal setting.